The Clingendael Institute is a leading think-tank and diplomatic academy in the field of International relations. The research and training programmes of the Institute focus on international security, conflict, European affairs, diplomatic studies, and international energy issues. Clients of the Institute are ministries of foreign affairs, defence, development cooperation, economic affairs and justice, as well as international organisations, non-governmental organisations and the private sector.
At the Clingendael research department, there is an opening for an intern for Strategic Foresight, from the end of May-until October (a five-month period) with possible extension for another month.
The Clingendael Strategic Foresight team produces various types of foresight-studies, related to international security issues: trend reports, scenario studies, strategic alerts, and horizon-scans. Moreover, it is responsible for the Strategic Monitor, a synthesis report that identifies the most important trends with regards to international security and international cooperation.
- Assist to various research projects;
- Carry out the Clingendael Expert Survey;
- Contribute to the analysis of survey data;
- Organise meetings and other activities;
- Find background material for ongoing research;
- Contribute to writing a draft policy paper.
- BA degree relevant for this internship and current enrolment for MA degree (e.g. political science, International Relations, conflict studies, European studies and sociology);
- Affinity with international security issues;
- Excellent and demonstrable analytical skills;
- Good English writing skills, Dutch is a pre;
- Flexible and pro-active attitude, social skills, capable of reaching deadlines;
- Experience with excel (and preferably background in data-analytics or survey methods);
- Capable of working independently on the basis of instructions as well as in a team.
- The opportunity to gain research experience in one of Europe’s top ranking think tanks, in close cooperation with our researchers and stakeholders as policy makers and academics.
- Ability to build up a network in the field and build your own research profile
- A stipend of € 300,- gross per month (in case of 36 hours per week).
- for 36 hours per week (full time)
- vacancy number: RESINT.17.05.08
For more information, please contact Minke Meijnders (email@example.com). Further information about the procedure can be obtained from Ms. Greetje Clymans HR Advisor, phone nr. 070-3746695 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline application: Interested candidates can send an application letter together with a curriculum vitae no later than 17 May 2017 to Greetje Clymans (email@example.com) Please indicate the vacancy number of the position you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail as well as in your application letter RESINT.17.05.08. Interviews will take place in the week of 22 May.